At LUX FIX we consider your privacy and trust to be of the utmost importance, and we promise to use any information we collect about you in a safe and responsible way. If you ever have any questions about how we protect your privacy, please don’t hesitate to drop us an email at email@example.com.
WHO WE ARE
We are Luxfix Ltd (registered in the UK, company number 7477466), and our business address is 14-22 Elder Street, London, E1 6BT.
For all of our services the data controller – the company that is responsible for your data – is Luxfix Ltd.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
When you place an order, ask for customer support, or complete a survey we may ask you for personal information in order to complete your order. Your information is private and confidential, accordingly, the personal information you provide to us is stored in a secure location, and is accessible only by designated staff.
The personal information we collect includes:
- Your Name
- Email Address: we send you updates of your order’s progress and any of our marketing emails we think may interest you. Please note we also keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us to help keep track of any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
- Telephone Number: this is only used to contact you about your order.
- Credit Card Details: to take payment and process refunds. Your details are encrypted after data entry and securely stored with our payment processing partners (Stripe and Paypal) using bank-grade encryption. Your credit card details are not stored on our systems.
- Billing and Delivery Address: used to verify payment information, deliver your parcel, and to send you our posted mailings. We share your address details with our designer partners and suppliers so that they can process your order. Our designer partners and suppliers may use subcontractors (including to assist with delivery and fulfilment) to process your order. We occasionally also make your name and address details available to selected third-party businesses whose products we think you may also love.
- Email & Mailing Preferences
- Purchase History
You are not required to give us any of this personal information, but, if you decide not to, you may not be able to buy from our website and you are unlikely to receive our best overall customer experience. It is always your choice, and we respect this!
We also collect data because it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are set out below:
- Direct Marketing
- Understanding our customers wishes and shopping preferences
- Improving our service and our products
DIRECT MARKETING & HOW TO MANAGE YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
- Marketing by us, LUX FIX: We would like to contact you by post and/or email to let you know of our new collections and any offers we may be running. You can update your post and email subscription preferences at anytime in the My Account section of our website, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we print our catalogues and postal communications up to 12 weeks in advance, so you may receive one further catalogue/postal communication after unsubscribing.
- Marketing by other companies: We may share your details with other trusted retailers whose products we feel may be of interest to you. If data is shared it is done so on a one time only basis and the company or organisation are not entitled to store your data for further use unless you engage with them.
We also work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd) and Experian (registered as Experian Ltd), third party marketing services who use opt-in data to help retailers get in touch with customers who might like their products. The participating retailers are active in the following product categories: clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus and Experian analyse this pooled information to help retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus and Experian may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission
If you do not wish us to share this information please tick the appropriate box when ordering, or you can update your mailing preferences in the My Account section of our website, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you would like to stop all unsolicited postal communications, we recommend that you register with the Mailing Preference Service (MPS). MPS is a free service set up in 1983 to enable consumers to have their names and addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the direct mail industry. For more information or if you wish to register with the MPS please visit their website.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your personal data with others:
- We work with the following data processors in order to carry out our direct marketing activities.
- Data Response Ability Ltd : They process name, address and mailing preference details only to enable them to mail out our postal communications (catalogues) on our behalf through Royal Mail and any other recognised mail carrier.
- Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd): They process name, address, mailing preferences, and purchase history for the purpose of sharing in the Abacus Alliance.
- Experian (registered as Experian Ltd): They process name, address, mailing preferences, and purchase history for the purpose of sharing with other retailers in the Experian network (more information available on the Experian website.
- When we instruct agents, contractors or third party service providers to provide business operations support, financial services and technology services. Please note that these third parties are under contract, and our service agreements dictate that they only user your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- In the event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company (our data records are part of our business).
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
- To protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of our users or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so . If we do supply your personal information to a third party we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.
Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you and are used to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. This helps us to provide you with the best service and to make it easier when you shop. You can, if you prefer, set up your internet browser to not accept cookies. You will still be able to use our site without having cookies enabled.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user.
You may visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more about interest-based advertising, or to opt out of receiving advertisements tailored to your interests on your browser, from their respective members and participants.
HOW DO YOU PROTECT THE INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME ON YOUR INTERNAL SYSTEMS?
Our site uses secure server software to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your account information. This software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us to minimise the risk of this being intercepted before it is received by us.
We protect your privacy in several ways: - Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job. - We use full login and password controls on our system. - Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect our personal data.
If for any reason you are unsure about the personal and account information we are holding in your name, please contact us. We will happily review your file and update the records if requested. You can call us on +44 203 540 6180 (Monday - Friday 9.30am to 6.30pm) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.